Sunday, March 13, 2011

Welcome!

You know the feeling: You're sitting in the middle of the pew singing Come Come Ye Saints at a snail's pace thinking - if the pioneers had started this song in Nauvoo, they'd get to the Salt Lake valley and only be on the third verse. The chorister's arms are barely moving and your fellow saints are falling asleep mid-word. I feel your pain.

Last year I asked for one thing for my birthday - a pocket metronome with a mute switch. Since then I never attend Sacrament Meeting without it. I use the "tap-in" feature of said metronome to figure out the tempo of each hymn as we sing it and record the date, ward name, hymn # and tempo in my mini hymnal.

I then started this blog so that I have a place to report this data to you, my non-existent readers.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment